Saturday 17 September 2011

Army Run in less than 24 hours....

I just got my race kit today... and I cannot believe that I will be crossing the finish line in under 24 hours from now.  I fear no evil and I believe that I will be strong throughout the 21.1km.  I believe that all the training I have done in the past year will equal out to great things.  I know in my heart and in my mind that I am ready to tackle this minor stepping stone, I just need to see the limits that my body can withstand.  I have done the distance in training so I know that I have the endurance to keep going for the 1.5 hour goal I have placed on myself.  I feel quite confident that by 10:30 am Sunday, September 18th, 2011, I will be crossing the finish line.

These past two weeks have been difficult since I have been battling a horrible pain in my left hip.  It is superficial so I believe that the pain is associated with my rectus abdonimus' insertion point on my illiac crest.  I know this is a lot of scientific terminology - but to put it in lay-mans terms - my lower abdomen hurts!  I am unable to crunches or leg raises without pain.  I know that after the half marathon tomorrow I will need to take a well deserved break to let my body fully recover from the abuse I have placed upon it this last year.

Tomorrow I will be up at 6am to have my breakfast.  My start time is 9am.  My Ipod is ready to keep me company during this long haul.  My motivation?  right here:

No comments:

Post a Comment