Monday 25 June 2012

70.3 Mont Tremblant

The day I have been counting down to for the past 200 days finally came.  I had been excited up until yesterday when I attempted my first ever open water swim.  I was in fear of drowning out in the middle of the water with no hope of survival.  Needless to say, I am writing this after I completed my very first Triathlon - a Half Ironman.  Although my goal may have not been met, I still set myself a time to beat.

So without further a-do, here is my day overall:

My biggest fault in this event was my swim.  I honestly never had experienced an open water swim before and that was my largest let back.  Although my swim was not the greatest, I was able to make up considerable ground on the bike and run portions.  I actually passed over 1000 participants in total from the point I got out of the water to the end of my run.  In my age group alone I gained 22 positions.  Therefore after such a great experience, I learned my limitations at said time and will definitely try to get better for next time.  Yes, there will be a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment