Wednesday 30 January 2013

Tour Of Sufferlandria - Stage 3-5

A lot has happened these past few days regarding my venture of the Tour of Sufferlandria.  Firstly, 3 stages have gone by and my legs are killing.  I honestly think a musician could supplement my hamstrings for a guitar.  Nevertheless, each leg of the race truly shows me just how strong I am mentally and physically.  I have pushed past barriers like never before.  Here are the recaps of the past 3 stages.

Stage 3 - Extra Shot & Fight Club

I have never done either of these videos... and there is a reason for that.  Extra Shot was created as an addition to any Sufferfest video.  If by the time you finish one of their 11 other videos and you still have some gas in the tank, then you tag this on after.  The reason - pure suffering.


After I pushed myself through this 20 minute interval, I began my first attempt at Fight Club.  

What is the first rule of Fight Club?

1st RULE:You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.
4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.
5th RULE: One fight at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.
7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

All rules applied to this race except rule 6. True suffering.


Stage 4 - A Very Dark Place

This is by far the eeriest video I have ever succumbed to doing.  Throughout the painful climbs, this demonic voice laughs, and at the right times. I will be suffering beyond belief and this cackle will begin in the background.  To the creators of this video - congratulations.  I quite literally feel like I must push forward in order to get away from the psychopath.  I also pushed 4 new personal bests - one being a new 5 second record of 703 Watts.


Stage 5 - Angels

The title of this video makes one think that it is an easy ride.  What can be painful from angels? Right? Wrong.  The name is foreshadowing of how much pain you'll endure.  You will be broken time and time again until you start to see angels guiding you to the light.  This workout made me really second guess this tour and why I am suffering day after day.  To prove I can.  The last interval of this workout is up one of the most iconic hills on cycling - Alpe d'Huez with the last 20 seconds being an all out sprint.


I am over the hump and 4 more days of suffering.  In total, 6 more videos... which means the next two days are back to back videos.  

Shut up legs.  Pain is relative.


No comments:

Post a Comment