Wednesday 2 January 2013

Free Swimming Workouts

Before I introduce this - I want to confirm that I am not one to give any advice on swimming besides the fact that one should practice, practice, practice.  I was not born to be a fish, nor will I advocate proper swimming technique as I have never had one-on-one professional help, however have gained lots of quality education from the competitive swimmers apart of the University of Ottawa Triathlon Club.  Without them, I would have been swimming countless hours of freestyle without implementing drill work.  Thanks to all of you!

If you are like me, you show up to the pool and decide your workout right there on the spot.  You might not even have an idea on how to structure a swim workout.  Don't worry, everyone has to start somewhere (even me).  So, I bring to you my finding of the day: 100 Free Swimming Workouts.

This website is super easy to navigate and takes no time to find a workout suited to your needs.  The workouts are categorized into 5 groups: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, One Mile, and Open Water Preparation.  Furthermore, each workout is described by its primary goal and the total amount of yards are given in the last column.  Head on over to the website to find out more.  It takes the guesswork out of swim training - for free.



1 comment:

  1. The best workouts in the pool are the simple ones. In other words: you shouldn't have to write it down.
    Stuff like 10x200, 20x75 with 10 seconds rest.. bread and butter stuff.
    Here's some gold: http://joelfilliol.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/most-popular-post-on-this-blog-is-is.html

    ReplyDelete