Sunday 27 January 2013

Tour Of Sufferlandria - Stage 2

The dogs were set loose and they had one mission, to hunt me down.  Today, I pushed through adversity and showed those howling dogs who was their master.  If you have absolutely no clue what I am talking about, then you have never tried The Sufferfest Video - The Hunted.

It is a great workout with two intervals; 20 minutes at FTP with some bursts followed by 10 minutes at just below FTP (somewhat sweet-spot) with 5 progressively longer sprints to finish it off.  Lets put it like this, my legs were screaming the whole way.

My favorite part of the video is when you are climbing one of the hills and a prompt comes on screen saying "Lance looks like he is in some trouble." If Lance is in trouble, then the average rider will be tearing in agony.

Throughout the video, whenever the chase pack gains closer on you, the audio cuts out and you hear dogs howling.  This is a simple video/audio editing trick, however it makes you truly switch into high gear and keep pushing up those dreadful climbs.

Day 2 is complete, and I have still maintained my intensity at 100%.  Heck, I have even set some personal bests for 20 minute average powers.  New PB is an average of 363 Watts.  That is going to be tough to beat...

Tomorrow - 2 workouts. 2x the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment