Wednesday 20 July 2011

Welcome

Welcome to Tri 226, a blog developed to retell my journey as I go from a weekend warrior to completing an Ironman distance.  At the present time, the furthest race which I have completed is an 8km run hosted by Somersault Events in the Ottawa region.  My goal: to essentially complete over 28 times that distance within a 17 hour timeline; a distance segmented into a 4km swim, 180km bike, and a 42km run to top it all off.  At this point, you make think I am a little nuts.

I realize that this is only the beginning of my journey, and I have many things to learn and experience.  I do not want to spill the beans all in one post but I will give you a brief overview of what this blogs intentions are:


  • To track my progress and inform followers of my next endeavor
  • Reviews of literature and the values it has towards triathletes
  • Personal experiences in both training and racing
This is a very short list but I assure it shall grow.

NOW .... a little bit about myself.  My name is Nicholas Ravanelli and I am entering my 3rd year at the University of Ottawa.  My program: Bachelors of Science with a specialization in Human Kinetics.  My future goal with such a sports oriented program? training endurance athletes (my dream is Olympians but I can compromise).  I love what I do and I love to learn about how the body functions during exercise, it is my passion and I wish to share it with anyone else willing to listen.

As of now, I have completed 3 runs through Somersault Events.  They are the local race events organizers and host races ranging from 1km-Marathon, Sprint/Olympic/Long triathlons, duathlons, 113's and 226's.  I have had much success in my 3 races (5km Place D'Orleans 2011 - 4th, 8km Colonel By Classic 2011- 6th, & 5km Britannia Beach 2011 - 2nd).  This has been my first year competing, but I have been running since I was in high school as a hobby.  I loved the feeling of running and the sense of liberation from the real world.  I was able to sort out my day and many problems which arose while running.  I loved it and could never wait to run again.

I am still in the works of piecing together this blog, but I love to share my passion of sports.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment