Friday 29 July 2011

National Capital Run 10km tomorrow

One more sleep until the National Capital Run 10km tomorrow... Do I think I will make my goal of 40 minutes? I feel confident, I really have to focus on pacing.  I have learnt from my past experience and I have made changes to my racing mentality.  Initially I assumed that if I went out hard, I would be able to maintain pace but never succeeded with this objective.  I plan on finding my pace and maintaining it throughout. I will solely focus on my running and technique since I find that I concern myself with other runners.  I am very competitive... I recall during the Colonel By Classic I attempted to maintain pace with the leader, I burnt myself out of energy and found myself slowing down completely, ending with 6th place overall.... I do not want that outcome again.

I will definitely take many pictures with my Blackberry Curve 9300... I apologize in advance for the poor picture quality.  Keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment