Tuesday 26 July 2011

National Capital Race This Saturday :)



Hey everyone! if you have just started to follow my ever recent blog, you might have noticed my race calender located on the right side of the page. As it states I have a race this Saturday July 30th taking place on Mooney's Bay Park. I am attempting to run the 10km distance in under 40 minutes. I will be happy none the less to finish in under 45 minutes, which is something I know I can definitely accomplish.


My reminders for race day? Firstly, I am not going to come out of the gates sprinting. That has always created problems in the past so I plan on trying to keep a steady pace throughout, but pour it on in the last kilometer. Secondly, I am going to properly warm up prior to this race. In the past I have solely done a few 'butt kicks' and gotten into the starting gate. I feel if I properly warm up I stand a better chance of making my goal. I have been training and attempting to maintain a pace of 4min/km, its now time to imitate training on race day!

Here is a link to the website with more information on the National Capital Race, and there is still time for last minute registration! :)  I will definitely keep everyone informed on the outcome post-race !

Wish me luck!  Follow my blog and get instant updates by submitting your email --> located on the right of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment