Friday 19 August 2011

How to Fix a Flat

Today was eventful... I was out on a wicked bike ride today, planning to do over 40 km of riding today.   At approximately 15 km .... my back tire popped.  Stranded with no where to go, I was glad to have purchased a bike bag (small and sits under my saddle) where I store my phone for long rides just in case something happens. Lucky I got a hold of someone who could pick me up and drive me home... beats walking home with cycling shoes on, which would have been a 10km trek.

One of the most beneficial and cost effective skills one can have when owning a bike is knowing how to change a bike tire.  It takes a lot of arm strength but can save you money since you can do it yourself!  No special tools required, but some people use tire 'plyers' to facilitate the install, but not required - just some elbow grease!  Below is a video to show you how to do this install, which takes about 30 minutes in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment