Thursday 5 July 2012

Next Race? Canadian!

So after much deliberation, I have decided to take part in The Canadian Iron 113 triathlon which takes place on September 1st at Mooney's Bay.  After finishing my 70.3 Ironman less than 3 weeks ago... I have been itching to try the distance again.  I thought best to stay local this year and attempt something in my community.  Although it is not an Ironman sanctioned 70.3, it is still the identical distance however on much flatter ground than Mont Tremblant.  If anyone has ever taken part on Sunday Bike Days on Colonel By, they would know exactly what I mean about the bike leg of the race.

The only downside to this race is that it consists of many loops.  The bike leg is comprised of 6 x 15km loops along Colonel By while the running courses is made up of 3 x 7km loops.  This will make for easy monitoring of laps and fatigue levels, however highly repetitive scenery.  All I know is that by the end of 2012, I will complete this distance in under 5 hours.  It was my goal and it will stay like that.

Additionally, I have recently purchased my new racing machine - a Cervelo P2.  A much needed upgrade from my Scott Speedster S10.  In the coming week, I shall upload a few pictures to show you its setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment