Sunday 30 December 2012

Santa's Bag of Triathlete Goodies

So Christmas has passed and Santa was good to me for sure.  My Christmas pretty much encompassed the sport that has become my second life.  Below is all the present's my many Santa's got me :)


Timex Global Race Trainer Watch

This watch is amazing considering all the features it has.  My major concern for 2013 was pacing and this watch will make sure I stay on it with its built in GPS.  Furthermore, it can be used during each leg of a triathlon as it is water resistant and has a multisport feature that is more than ideal.  This feature allows me to setup up a desired brick workout, and easily transition from one different page on the watch display to the next sport.  I cannot wait for the snow to melt so I can take this bad boy outside.

Synergy Endorphin Wetsuit

Somehow Santa knows my size exactly because on Christmas morning I tried this on and it fit like a glove.  Unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly how great this product is, however I can tell you that it 'forces' your body into a proper alignment for the freestyle stroke.  On the tag/warranty card it stated that this suit may not feel right vertically as it is meant for horizontal positioning... interesting feature.

Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggles

I was suffering from irritation and rubbing around my eye sockets from my previous Speedo swim goggles so Santa decided to hook me up with some new ones.  Lets put it like this, Aqua Sphere knows exactly what they are doing when they design goggles.  They have absolutely no plastic pieces near or around your eye socket - just rubber.  Not only does these goggles give you more peripheral vision, they are so comfy I could wear them everyday.  I would classify these guys as the Audi of the swim goggle market.

4 GB Waterproof MP3 player

Last, but not least, is my brand new companion for solo swim workouts.  I do not enjoy my swim training and I find myself looking at the clock more and more hoping that I can get out of the pool sooner rather than later.  My new toy from Santa is this little Chinese Gem (as that is where they come from - no manufacturers name on the box) that will keep me focused the whole way through my swims.  The countless laps will breeze by with this mp3 player that came with waterproof earbuds with interchangeable earbuds so you can get a secure fit.  Furthermore, you can even strap this mp3 player to your goggle strap and it will not go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment