Sunday 21 July 2013

I'M BACK!

It has been WAAAYYYY too long since I wrote about my training and racing... since February 2nd to be exact.  That is almost 6 months ago, time to get back on the wagon!

I have been so busy these past few months juggling school, work, training, racing, social life, family, etc. The list goes on. I am not the only person in the world who deals with these difficulties, frankly, I would guess that any long course endurance athlete falls victim to time management nightmares. I believe that is one of the best traits of most successful endurance athletes - organization.

In the past six months, I have raced 5 times.  These 5 times have been nothing but my best efforts.  I have had 3 podium finishes (2 x 1st place, 1 x 2nd place), eighth place in a fun run, and I experienced my first DNF at the marathon. Thus far, this season has been a great learning curve and I cannot wait for the finale of my season - Muskoka 70.3.

Steve Crossman, a fellow triathlete from afar, introduced me to the 'mecca' of all training places in the Ottawa region - Gatineau Park. I have been there 3 times in the past two weeks because it is one of the most amazing (and excruciatingly painful) persistent hill climbs.  It is the best place to train for a hilly course (Muskoka being one of those hilly buggers).  The best part is that every time I go I get a little faster, a little stronger, and more confident.

That's all for now; trying to keep it short for now so I continue to write. I have tonnes of training and eating to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment