Thursday 3 November 2011

Mont Tremblant - Half Ironman Rules and Regulations

Today I took a quick gander at the rules and regulations and a few stuck out so I thought I would share a few of these with you.


Swim Course Regulations


2. No fins, gloves, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind are allowed.


 - I guess I can't bring my Toy Story Floaties....


Bike Course Regulations


17. Communication devices of any type, such as cell phones and two-way radios are strictly prohibited during competition. Use of such devices will result in disqualification.


 - I was really looking forward to keeping everyone inform through twitter on my performance...and to pass the time...


Run Course Regulations


1. No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.


- They missed a few of my favorite modes of locomotion such as hopscotch and leap frog.  


Finish Line Policy


The give a ton of little details but all they needed to say is this:


Once you pass the finish line you have officially declared yourself that much more insane.




I cannot believe it, by July 2012, I will have finished a Half Ironman, and that is only the beginning to the rest of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment